Thursday, February 27, 2014

Egg In the Pot - Definately a Miss

I have seen this one posted on Pinterest many times.

I have seen many gardening tips on Pinterest describing great ways to fertilize your plants.  One post said to put banana peels in the bottom of a hole before you plant something and it will fertilize for the whole season, the other one showed an egg in the hole.  I decided I would give it a try and went ahead and put and egg and a banana.  If one is good, two must be better right?  That was my thinking.  I proceeded to plant four grape vines.  The very next morning I woke up to four holes in the ground, torn up grape vines and no sign of the egg or the banana peel.  Turns out the critters could smell the loot and dug up my plants to get to it.  I don't know if it was a raccoon or what exactly it was, but  it certainly wasn't worth losing four good grape vines over.

This is most certainly a MISS in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment