Monday, February 24, 2014

Jewelled Cell Phone Case

Bedazzled Cell Phone Case

I found a bin at Walmart that had torn up boxes so the cases were on sale for $5.00.  They were rather odd colors, but who cares when you are adding crystal gems to them.

Cell Phone Case Bling


Case is a bendable rubber

Type in a Letter in Microsoft word, add a fun font and super-size the font, then print out.


Cut out the font and lay on top of the case
Lightly Spray Paint the Image on the case


Add Jewels to the Case Using E-6000 Glue


Ok, I promised to document Hits and Misses.  Guess what, this was a MISS.  After letting the glue completely dry, the entire thing came apart in one big glued sheet.  It turns out that the rubber would not allow anything to stick to it.  Darn:(  Well, after all that time invested I decided I wasn't going to give up to easily.  I remembered I had an old case that was broken.  I was able to apply some glue all over the case and then simply attach the jewels to it with little extra effort.  I then glued a few extra gems to the edges and saved the project.

This is the old broken case I ended up using

So the project ended up being both a hit and a miss.  The moral of the story is, if you want to add jewels to a cell phone case, make sure the case you start with is not made of rubber.


No comments:

Post a Comment