Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Best Mother's Day Gift Ever - 5 Generation Photos

Great Way to Remember Your Ancestors 

My mom gave each of her children 5 generation photos for a Christmas present.  Of all the gifts I have ever been given, this has to rank up there as one of my favorites.  It stands the test of time.  My brothers also got a 5 generation photo with the men in our family.  Priceless

My mom gave me the pictures, but they were all different sizes and colors.  Two of the photos were actually group shots with other folks.   These are the only known photos of my great and great, great grandmother.  I did some photo manipulating in Photoshop to create head-shots, as well as cloning out the other people.  This is not an easy task, so if you have photos that need Photo-shop, ask for help on this step.

After the photos were all adjusted to the same size and color, I created a page with all the photos in one document, added the borders on each picture to make them appear to be individual.  Then they were all printed out on one continuous page.  One great source for doing this is Walmart Photo Center.  You can add the five photos together and print out a poster sized page.  

Make sure you add the names of all the ancestors and a birthday so they are well documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment