Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Kitchen Remodel

Kitchen Remodel

Kitchen Before



Kitchen After

I found a house that I loved, especially the location, but the kitchen was in desperate need of an update.  I found a bunch of DIY projects on Pinterest, tried them out, and I have to say, I love the results.  I wasn't sure about painting cabinets, but I couldn't afford to replace them and I hated how they looked, so with about $100 worth of paint and some elbow grease, I am happy to report it wasn't that hard.

Prime the cabinets with a good primer

The most important part of the painting project was to get a good primer that did not require sanding.  It was a little expensive, but so worth it.

I spray painted all of the cabinet hardware and the bar stools


I also took the doors off the cabinets above the microwave and painted the light fixture and door as well.


2 comments:

  1. Next, you should totally paint the table and chairs to match your bar stools. I just saw Leone's table that was oak and she painted it black and distressed the edges. It looks awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. The table is on my hit list in the spring:)

      Delete