Thursday, May 7, 2015

Do You Have a "Drug" Problem?


Drug Problem In Idaho?

This is an email that has been floating around.  I'm not sure where it started, but I found it rather humorous so I thought I would share it...


The other day I was in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and someone asked me a rhetorical question, 'Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?'
 
I replied that I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
 
I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the priest, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.

I was drug to the kitchen  sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds. I was drug to the homes of neighbors to help mow the yard, repair the clothesline, and if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, my dad would have drug me back to the woodshed.

Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin: and if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

God bless the parents who drugged us!

No comments:

Post a Comment