Wednesday, January 14, 2015

New Sew Drop Cloth Curtains

Design Your Own No-Sew Curtains

I have very large windows.  It would be very costly to try and make or purchase curtains for them.  I made these curtains out of drop cloths purchased from Home Depot.  You can buy drop clothes for as little as $10.  I had to get the $40 set because I have such a large area to cover.

Hang curtains from clips and you won't have to sew the top at all.

Just to add a little flair, paint a couple of stripes on the bottom of the curtain.  

To save money use your wall paint on the curtains as well.


Tape off the canvas.  I figured out after I was done, it would have been better to iron the canvas before hand to make it easier to tape in a straight line.  The canvas is heavier than the tape.  

Lay the fabric on some cardboard to paint.  Measure off the width of the stripes by laying a cake box or other similar object down to use for marking.  Mark the spots with a pencil.  Go all the way across.  Then run tape along the lines.  Paint right over the middle line and go to the edge of the outer pieces of tape.  A roller works best.  

Add the clips and iron the entire curtain

Iron the hem to the length you desire.  Add two folds if possible to help reduce fraying.
Apply "HeatnBond" Iron-on adhesive to secure the hem in place.

I absolutely love how it turned out.  This entire project cost me $40 although I used the paint, clips and iron-on's I already had.


No comments:

Post a Comment