Thursday, October 23, 2014

Never Make the Same Mistake Once

Boyd K Packer

Sometimes we run the risk of making uninspired choices and become fools if we do not incorporate prayer and invite the spirit. I was thinking about how important it is to stay clean so the spirit will strive with me. As I was studying in the Book of Mormon the other day, I realized I was a little out of tune so to speak. It was like I was trying to listen to a radio but I wasn't completely on the right channel. I couldn't figure out what was wrong and why I wasn't feeling the fullness of the spirit. I decided to search my life and make sure there was not anything I needed to repent of that I had not taken to the Lord. I remembered something earlier in the week, not a huge thing, but big enough to block out the spirit because I knew better. I decided to rectify and repent. Upon doing this I thought of the quote I have on my mirror that I look at every day. It is from Boyd K Packer. He said, "never make the same mistake once." I made a mistake and I knew better. I wish I hadn't and I am determined not to make that same mistake again. I want to be able to receive answers to my prayers and I know I can if I keep myself clean and pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment