Thursday, August 28, 2014

Printable September 2014 Visiting Teaching Message

Copy and Paste to Your Device

Print and Distribute to Those You Visit Teach

One week ago I sent my second son out on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  He is currently in the Provo Missionary Training Center learning to speak Spanish.  After six weeks of a crash course in religious and language studies he will head out to Mexico to share a message of Jesus Christ.  

Elder Hackleman left on his mission on August 20, 2014


It sounds crazy, but the religious course is only a fine tuning of what he has already been taught after years of diligent study.  For the past four years he has woken up early and attended an early morning religious class held before school.  He is taught gospel principles for 50 minutes a day every single school day for four years.  He has also studied on his own from the scriptures each night before he goes to bed.

From the time he was born, either his father or myself has read to him from the scriptures regularly until he was old enough to read on his own. 

Although he is only 18 years old, he has spent countless hours pouring over and studying everything he could get his hands on, preparing himself for the day he would go on a mission.

He did take a couple of years of Spanish while he was in high school, but to be honest, he doesn't recall much of the language.  Luckily for him, the Missionary Training Center has very good teachers who can help him learn quickly.  Any additional language barrier he still has after six weeks will be strengthened while working in Mexico. 

I am so proud of him and I have spent my whole life preparing him for this wonderful event.  Having said that, I would be crazy if I didn't add the fact that it still is very hard to send your son away.  I love and miss him so much.

Missionary Mom Survival Kit


I am so thankful for loving friends and family who have comforted me when I stood in need of comfort.  They truly are filling in the role of the Savior here on earth.  I know it sounds crazy that cinnamon bears can cause comfort, but they really can.  My dear friend who knows me so well, gave me all my favorite treats.  Just the fact that she thought of me warms my heart.  Another friend brought by my favorite cookies in the world and a third friend brought dinner.  All the same day my son left on his mission.  A dark and dreary day was brightened and uplifted!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for again sharing your printable VT messages, I love them because as a busy mom I don't often get to read the ensign, some months I don't see the message until I prep to do my visits, and I assume that the girls I visit are the same. Sometimes it is just easier, somehow less overwhelming to pick up your handout than to pick up the Ensign. I often post it on my fridge so I can see it throughout my day.
    Congratulations (and condolences) on sending out your son! My brother served in Mexico City North and LOVED it. My own son is only 18 months and I both dread and greatly anticipate the day when I send him out. What an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete