Friday, March 28, 2014

Eyelashes

DIY Eyelash Extensions





I am all about saving money, but I love the look of eyelash extensions.  I checked into the cost of extensions done at a beauty salon and I was amazed at how much it cost.  I decided to see if I could do my own DIY eyelash extensions.  I talked my 17 year old son into applying them for me.  I bought an eyelash kit form the drugstore for $10.  As it turns out, the glue that comes with the kits is only semi-permanent.  It lasts for 2 to 3 weeks.  I have found some permanent eyelash glue online but I won't use it until I get the hang of the process a little more and I'm sure I want to be that committed to the eyelashes.

I will say, I have really enjoyed the eyelashes.  I hate putting on mascara, although next time around I am not going to do my eyelashes as long.  I want the look to be a bit more subtle.

Over all I was very pleased with the results and plan on continuing adding my false lashes.  This is the best DIY I have done in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. I would probably skip makeup altogether if I had longer lashes. What kit did you use? How did it stand up to makeup remover? I'd be willing to try this...

    ReplyDelete