Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Basic Dough

I use this dough recipe to make just about everything.  Bread, pizza, rolls, bread sticks, etc.  Just add a little more flour if you are making bread, less flour for rolls.  Remember, the stickier the dough the lighter the roll.

3 cupts of very hot water as hot as you can from your tap


Add on Tablespoon of Yeast
I buy my yeast in bulk from Sam's Club


Add 1/3 cup of Sugar.  Sugar makes the yeast happy.


Add 1/3 Cup of Oil.  The yeast doesn't mind company.


No Reason to wait, go ahead and add 1 teaspoon of salt


I don't take time for the yeast to think about things.  I move right along to the next step. Start adding flour.  I never measure the flour, I just add and start mixing until the dough is the consistency I want.


Remember the stickier the dough the lighter the roll.  If you are making bread, add more flour.  Let the Kitchen aid mix for at least 10 minutes.  Continue adding flour every once in a while until the dough clings to the sides of the bowl.

Spray the counter so the dough doesn't stick.

No reason to add more flour so spray grease is a much better option for working with the dough.

Save Image to Your Computer to Print


No comments:

Post a Comment