Tuesday, March 25, 2014

About Me

My Family

I am a mother of 4 wonderful boys and I am married to a wonderful husband. My oldest son is serving as a missionary in Lima Peru.  My second son is getting ready to go on a mission as well.  I started a blog over a year ago for my son Jaren while he was on his mission so all of our family and friends could keep up with all his comings and goings.  I also post what is going on with his family while he is away.  The plan is to make a book for him when he gets back.  He has been gone for almost a year and he has had over 7,000 views to his blog.  I didn't want to put ads on a mission blog, but it did get me thinking.  Maybe I could do a blog, put ads on it, and try to make a little extra income to subsidize two boys on a mission.  I am currently a stay at home mom who stays active chasing my boys and doing church service and could certainly use a little extra cash from time to time.  I started this blog just over a month ago and have already started to make some money.  Yeah!  I am up to 2,500 views in one month.  Thank you so much for checking out my blog!

I really believe that you can have nice things for very little money, if you are willing to work for them.  For this reason, I have come to enjoy DIY projects.  I cut my boys hair, bake from scratch, build, paint, fix, and beautify.  I remember an old saying that even an old barn looks better with a fresh coat of paint.  I love to take something that is old and worn out and fix it up and make it look new and modern.  My house is somewhat dated and in need of some upgrades.  My furniture is also old and worn out, so I have the perfect canvas to try some DIY projects.  I plan on documenting them and posting them on my blog.  I started with my kitchen, and now I need to move from room to room upgrading.  I love remodeling so this should be fun.
Please check back often and see how my projects are coming along:)


No comments:

Post a Comment