Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine Idea

DIY Valentine

I sometimes wonder what all the fuss is about on Valentine's Day.  Having said that, I would be so sad if I was forgotten.  To me it is really about showing someone you care about that you are thinking of them, and that you planned ahead.  I would rather have a jar of candy and a nice note than $80 spent on a dozen roses that are going to die anyway.  I prefer spending $80 on flowers planted in my yard than sitting on my table only to die in a week or so.  Then when they are growing in my yard I can cut some and put them on my table anyway.  It is the gift that keeps on giving.  Last year for Mother's day my husband and kids planted berry bushes for me.  Now that is a way to really win a girls heart, but during the winter when there is snow on the ground, I will settle for candy:)

I bought the cinnamon candy at the grocery store and the jar at the dollar store.  The heart I made in Microsoft word.   I printed it out and spray mounted it on red card-stock paper.  I used to spend hours making my own cards, but after a lot of time and money, I figured out I like the clip-art and ease of making them and printing them out.

Feel Free To Use this Template For Your Own Card

You can use the same idea using Hot tamales, cinnamon bears, red hots, or any other red candy.  I have even dipped cinnamon bears in chocolate to make an even fancier gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment