Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Projects Today

I started my blog a week and a half ago and I am having so much fun.  I decided that since church is such a big part in my life I am going to add a Relief Society category today.  I am constantly making bookmarks, visiting teaching handouts, invitations, etc. so I might as well post them and make them available to other ladies.  No reason to reinvent the wheel.  Feel free to copy any of my ideas and reuse them.

Today I wanted to drop off a little treat to the ladies I visit teach and a treat for my husband and sons to give to their home teaching family.  Together we have 12 families so it can be time consuming and expensive if I don't plan ahead.

When I think of treats I love the most, it usually always starts with popcorn.  Did you know that popcorn has a 44 to one rate of popping?  It is the best food storage available in my opinion.  It has nutritional value, a very long shelf life, and is very cheap.  I buy my popcorn in 50 lb bags at Sams Club so it is always a sensible choice for starting a treat that I need to make a lot of.  We have also invested in a good popcorn popper so I can make a lot of popcorn without much time, but do not feel that you have to have a fancy popcorn popper in order to add popcorn to your daily diet.  You can make your own microwave popcorn just as easy.  I will give instructions for that in the future as well.

So check back in a little bit, I will update the blog with the instructions on how to make a non-sticky caramel popcorn in 1/2 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment